The library offers resources and equipment for small business owners
All three branches of the Kenton County Public Library now offer equipment that business owners can use for marketing purposes – or even to create products.
The STREAM Center at the Erlanger branch has the largest selection of machines. The Covington branch offers a heat press, circuit board, large poster printer and more. The Independence Branch has a large poster printer. And of course, all three sites have computers, printers and photocopiers.
Five items to use for your small business that can be found at the STREAM Center in Erlanger, located at 401 Kenton Lands Road:
- glowforge – The Glowforge is a laser cutter/engraver. The machine works with wood, leather, cardboard, fabric and other materials. It can cut/engrave up to 20″ in width. Businesses use the machine to engrave cutting boards, create decorative signs and even make earrings.
- laser pattern – The Boss Laser is a larger scale laser cutting engraver. In addition to all of the above, this machine has made barrel heads, lazy Susans, and it even has a rotary tool for making glass wear and thermos. Companies have used it to create products and promotional items with their logo engraved on them as well.
- poster printer – Local photographers have used the poster printer to print large scale photos on canvas, photo paper or tissue paper. Businesses create outdoor banners for their windows and booths at festivals. Some of them use the poster printer to print their large-scale digital works.
- DTG printer – Several local businesses have used this machine to make custom t-shirts, dog clothes, onesies and shopping bags.
- button maker – So it’s not as big and fancy as other machines, the button maker still packs a punch and has helped several companies create buttons to sell and use as promotional items.
Here are some companies that have used the Stream Center:
To schedule an appointment or learn more about the STREAM Center, call 859-962-4000 or visit kentonlibrary.org/stream