LPD sponsored presentation for parents and teachers on online dangers for teens | Idaho
LEWISTON – The public is invited to learn about the dangers teens face every day online. A discussion of how computers, cell phones, tablets, digital cameras, gaming systems, social media apps, and internet blogs all play a role in endangering students and families is scheduled for Wednesday evening.
The presentation is aimed specifically at parents, educators, and community leaders looking to better understand the technology available to teens today and how child predators are using it to exploit them.
- Introducing Parents to Internet Safety and Social Media
- Lewiston High School Auditorium, 3201 Cecil Andrus Way, Lewiston
- 6 pm-8pm – Wednesday October 13, 2021
- Presenter: Detective Eric Kjorness; Moscow Police Department; Idaho Internet Crimes against Children Task Force (ICAC)
- Sponsored by Lewiston Police Department
The Idaho Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force is a multi-jurisdictional coalition of federal, state and local agencies tasked with investigating and prosecuting individuals who use the Internet or other technologies to criminalize children. .