Job: Data Entry Assistant at the African Union (AU)
Request ID: 989
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Level: GSA 4
Directorate: Registry of the Court
Reporting to: Documentalist – Legal Division
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Type of contract: CDD (African Governance Architecture Support Project)
Purpose of work
- Ensure appropriate documentation services through the provision of effective information and documents to support the work of the Court.
- Implementation of the digitization project for both court records and administrative records.
- Liaise with clerks and legal officers on priority cases for digitization
- Upload documents to the AU Knowledge Management System and Common Repository
- Scan current and archived administrative documents and review scanned files and update or purge as necessary for easy retrieval.
- Upload Final Digitized Judicial Decisions to the African Union Common Repository
- Keep a backup of all scanned documents in a safe place (preferably offsite) in case of disaster.
- Control the quality of information captured in digital format and ensure the confidentiality of classified information.
- Ensure compliance with relevant AU policies, laws and regulations relating to records and archives management;
- Optimize/resize large files to required size in electronic records management system.
- Perform any other task as needed.
Academic requirements and relevant experience
- Upper secondary school certificate and diploma in records management, archival/documentation or information management from a recognized educational institution.
- A higher qualification (university degree or postgraduate degree) in one of the above disciplines will be an added advantage;
- Computer and information technology skills are essential;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in scanning, archiving, indexing or document management, using heavy scanners or multifunction copiers, preferably in an international organization.
Required Skills :
- Demonstrate professionalism;
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex archiving issues
- Good planning and organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan;
- Concentration and high level of precision;
- Respect for confidentiality and good public relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a multicultural environment and under minimal supervision;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of international organizations
- Conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in one of the official AU working languages. A good knowledge of at least one other language will be an added advantage.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Orientation to learning
- Communicate with impact
Functional skills :
- Conceptual thinking and problem solving
- Business knowledge
- Drive for results
- Innovate and take initiatives
Duration of appointment
- Appointment to this position will be on the basis of a one-year fixed-term contract. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for the same period subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- The African Court is an equal opportunity employer; qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fluency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The overall salary for this position is $49,367.20 (Grade GSA4, Step 5 – International) per year, for internationally recruited staff, and $18,679.28 (Grade GSA4, Step 5 – Local) per year, for locally recruited staff. This global salary includes all allowances.
Click here to apply
Comments are closed.