How to write a personal assistant job description?
A proper job description saves time and effort as it attracts qualified talent to your opening. It also boosts brand awareness. Therefore, writing a practical job description is essential for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to create a practical personal assistant job description for your Linkedin job posting or any free job posting website.
Presentation of the position
A personal assistant (PA) typically performs administrative work for a single person, unlike an administrator who takes care of a team, providing senior managers with day-to-day administrative support.
CEO, management team
The main responsibilities of a personal assistant
- Report to senior management and perform secretarial and administrative duties
- Organize business meetings and write minutes and meeting notes
- Capture, format and edit reports, documents and presentations
- Enter data, maintain databases and keep records
- Liaise with internal departments, answer calls and arrange travel
- Manage internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining an event calendar, and sending reminders
- Copy, scan and fax documents
- Prepare facilities for scheduled events and organize refreshments, if necessary
- Order office supplies and replacements, as well as manage mail and courier services
- Adhere to best business practices and etiquette
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification in secretarial, office administration or related training
- 1-2 years of experience as a personal assistant would be an advantage
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets using office software such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced typing, note taking, record keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines
- Proficiency in appointment scheduling software such as MS Outlook, as well as call forwarding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.